|Position Title:||In-Field Service Technician||Reports to:||Service Manager|
|Classification:||Full Time 7:30am – 4:00pm M-F||Department:||Customer Support|
|Compensation:||Starting at $14 Hourly plus Comprehensive Benefits and a Profit-Sharing Program|
The primary focus of this position is to provide on-site equipment support, repair, maintenance, and replacement for coffee brewers and water machines in our customer’s offices throughout San Diego county. Because this position requires significant face-to-face customer interaction, the ability to explain the work you have performed in a friendly and professional way is required. Coffee Ambassador remains the premier Office Coffee Service in San Diego by focusing on building quality relationships with all of our customers. All employees are expected to demonstrate good customer service skills and proactivity in creating exceptional customer experiences.
- Create an exceptional experience for our customers during on-site equipment support, repair, and replacement by paying attention to customer needs, requests, and break-room coffee improvements.
- Communicate and engage with each customer regarding the job performed; take time to make sure that the customer is satisfied.
- Technologically proficient: All jobs and job-related communications are dispatched electronically.
- Daily Pow-wow: review the daily line-up of jobs with the service team each morning.
- Daily Checklist: prepare for and complete tasks, duties, and procedures involved in completing the tasks for the day ahead and for keeping your service van stocked and in optimal operating condition (clean and well organized), including but not limited to equipment, spare parts, products and tools.
- Service Call Forms: read the paperwork before leaving the Service Dept, follow any special instructions. listed on the paperwork, and fill out the bottom of the form with details of the service call (see sample).
- Equipment Log: consistently update spreadsheet for tracking and inventory purposes .
- Troubleshoot and Repair equipment in the field at designated customer locations.
– Do not replace equipment in the field unless the machine is irreparable, or the replacement has been approved by a Manager or is recommended under our standard guidelines.
– Ask questions to fellow technicians or Service Manager as needed .
- Filter Refresh Program: Replace water filters and provide preventative equipment maintenance.
- Deliver product to customer locations as needed, per Customer Service or Manager request.
- Communicate effectively and promptly with our Customer Service team as needed.
- Assist in the Warehouse, Service Dept., or other functions to support fellow team members as needed.
- Help one designated route driver load his van with product for the following days deliveries.
- Clean and Refurbish equipment in our “in-house” Service Dept. as needed.
- Maintain a clean driving record on and off company time.
- Time Management: work independently, efficiently, and promptly.
- Participate in all company meetings, department meetings, and product training sessions.
- Represent Coffee Ambassador in a positive and professional manner at all times (uniforms provided).
- Responsible team member/s that can be trusted using company property such as cell phone, company vans, and other to best service our customers.
- Must be flexible for last minute shifting gears such as ride along, pulling and other tasks that might be required to best service our customers.
- Must have a valid California Drivers License.
- Must have clean DMV record and current printed copy.
- Excellent Customer Service Skills.
- Mechanical/Technical Experience, Interests, or Hobbies.
- Flexible and able to multi-task.
- Able to use sound judgment.
- Some heavy lifting required, up to 50 lbs.
- Professional appearance required at all times.
- Reliable transportation to & from work.